From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn't resist. I also saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside - so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat. No one knows how much he risked for me.
This item is a 12" vinyl single and has been visually graded. G, some scuffs/hairline on surface. Sleeve has ring/edge wear, corner creasing, label mark and writing on front panel, G-. (n.b visual grading offered). A 9596 (T) Sleeve Condition:GOOD
Disc 1 1. Gangsters - Special AKA 2. The Selecter - The Selecter 3. The Prince - Madness 4. On My Radio - The Selecter 5. A Message to You Rudy (Feat. Rico) - The Specials 6. The Tears of a Clown - The Beat 7. Too Much Too Young - Special AKA 8. Three Minute Hero - The Selecter 9. Ranking Full Stop - The Beat 10. Rat Race - The Specials 11. Let's Do Rock Steady - The Bodysnatchers 12. Missing Words - The Selecter 13. Stereotype - The Specials 14. Sea Cruise - Rico 15. Do Nothing - The Specials 16. Ghost Town - The Specials 17. Nelson Mandela (Edit) - Special AKA 18. The Boiler - Rhoda
Ska Around the World is a compilation album that puts the spotlight on a genre that exploded out of the island of Jamaica and circled the world with its energetic, upbeat rhythms. While also serving as the basis for several significant musical movements including reggae, ska continues to rock fans across the globe.
Ska Around the World will take listeners on a global journey of discovery and demonstrate the influence of this important genre on the music of the world.
1. Orquestra Brasileira de Música Jamaicana - Atlântida (Brazil)
2. Chris Murray - The Real Ska (Canada)
3. Akatz - Así Eres Tu (Spain)
4. The Skatalites - Glory To The Sound (Jamaica)
5. Zazí - IJssalon Bernardo (The Netherlands)
6. The Pepper Pots feat. ASPO - Duck Soup (Spain)
7. Playing for Change - Chanda Mama (Multiple Countries)
8. The New York Ska-Jazz Ensemble - Buttah (Instrumental) (USA)
9. Sarazino - Ecos de Radio Iguana (Algeria)
10. St. Petersburg Ska-Jazz Review - Policy of Truth (Russia)
World music record label Putumayo is committed to helping communities in the countries where the music originates and has contributed more than one million dollars to non-profit organisations around the world.