Job Category: Tech
Role: Senior Front-End Developer
Salary Range: £50-60k
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: London, Farringdon
Reporting To: Web Development Team Lead
As the Senior Front-End Developer you will be responsible for designing, prototyping and implementing much of the change pipeline of our flagship digital product. You will be our HTML and CSS subject-matter expert, you will review the work of other team members and mentor them in regard to front-end development techniques, strategies and best-practices.
You will have day-to-day contact with the CEO to understand the business objectives behind the new development requirements, to rapidly mock-up and prototype design alternatives, and to agree priorities.
You will work with the Front-End Development Lead to decide on engineering solutions and agree architectural approaches.
You will be able to hit the ground running in a fast-paced start-up will a considerable existing technology base, to identify significant areas for improvement without being dogmatic over technology choices, and will be able to introduce technology and practice changes into an existing
organisation effectively and supportively.
You will be given the opportunity to own projects outright and are expected to take ownership for them. Pricesearcher is a fast-paced startup environment and we deliver and iterate on tech very quickly. As a key member of our engineering business you will be tackling challenges that make an
impact across a huge vertical of businesses and users while surfacing data from billions of products across the world.
- Advanced understanding of the feature-sets of HTML5 and CSS3 and best-practices around using them
- Advanced understanding of cross-device and cross-browser issues and solutions
- Advanced understanding of CSS preprocessors, especially SCSS
- Deep familiarity with front-end testing best-practices and approaches
- Knowledge of design and prototyping tools and techniques
- Git-based CI/CD workflow
- To lead the design and prototyping process for the flagship web product
- HTML and CSS code quality, code review, best-practice adoption, and toolset choices
- To work with the Front-End Lead to ensure fast, high-quality delivery of Front-End change requirements in regard to the flagship web product
- AWS Experience
- Experience in implementing highly scalable and data driven websites
- Experience in working with agile teams
Our challenges keep us awake at night and take our thinking to the next level. We give you the autonomy, trust and support to do your best work - but it won’t always be easy. We approach our problems from all angles as a team and believe that failing is just as important to the process as succeeding. You will work directly with the founding team who have been together for over 5 years. People from all walks of life who have joined from some of the biggest names in online, to work together on this mission. Every member of the business is here to help support and share in your success!
If you think you’re the right candidate for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org